in michigan’s western upper peninsula
welcome to the lake house
Saturday afternoon through Saturday morning weekly rentals are preferred at our summer home on 292 acre Lake Roland. A bonus for easy mobility – this home has been remodeled to accommodate a handicapped owner while retaining its appeal to everyone.
This house has one bedroom with a queen sized bed plus twin size bunk beds. The great room has a view of the lake; indoor sauna with a wood burning stove includes a shower; separate bathroom has two sinks and a toilet; the all electric full-sized kitchen is furnished with appliances, dishes, cookware and small appliances; dock for your use; wide walkway from the home to the dock; deck on two sides of the house. There is no bathtub or dishwasher.
- Complimentary WiFi with DSL modem and router
- Internet ready, 32″ flat screen smart TV with HDMI connection – there is no cable, satellite or local TV connection
- AT&T and Verizon wireless services are great at the lake – other providers offer good service nearby
- The entrance to this home has no steps and the parking area is ample
- Gas grill on the deck
- Full-sized, completely furnished kitchen includes range, refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, dishes, utensils, pans and small appliances
- Air conditioner in bedroom
- Wood is usually available
- 1-4 guests (contact owners through this site if your party contains more than 4 people)
- 1 bedroom includes queen-sized bed and twin-sized bunk beds
- 1 bathroom
- Queen-sized sofa sleeper in the great room
- $899 weekly rental price covers 2 guests. Each additional guest up to a maximum of 4 is an additional $10/night per person
- Payment of $400 refundable security deposit secures your reservation
- Full payment of rent must be made no later than five weeks prior to your stay
- Charges for damages and any cleaning that’s necessary will be charged at $50/hour and deducted from your deposit
- You’ll be treated reasonably and rewarded for referrals that result in rentals
- PayPal and personal checks accepted
- We expect you to leave the home in the same condition it was in when you arrived and to enjoy the area peacefully – this includes cleaning the home yourself, supplies are provided.
- We provide blankets, pillows and mattress pads – bring your own bed and bath linens, or opt to arrange to have them provided for an additional $60.
- 10% discount on stays of two weeks or longer
- 15% repeat renter discount for 3rd and 4th year renters
- Contact owners for discount information for repeat rentals beyond the 4th year
- If we are able to re-rent the home, 100% of your money will be returned.
- In the event that we cannot re-rent the home, we will return 75% with 31+ days cancellation notice; 50% with 15-30 days notice and 25% if you cancel with 14 days notice.
- Money is not refundable for cancellations with less than 14 days notice; special circumstances considered.
- You may apply up to 50% of the money from a cancellation for a credit on a future rental.
- House faces west and has a view of the lake and sunset
- 48×4 foot dock
- Lake is ideal for fishing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming and other water activities
- Shallow beach at the lake house is good for launching flat bottom boats
- A deep water boat launch is located across the lake at Twin Lakes State Park
- Children enjoy frolicking in the shallow water at the beach
- Click on image for a map of Twin Lakes
- This location is rural and remote
- There is ample parking onsite
- Walking, ATV and biking trails are in the immediate vicinity
- There is no public transportation
- There are neighboring cottages on both sides of the lake house
- Twin Lakes State Park is located on the opposite side of the lake
- Krupp’s Mini Mart convenience store is on the opposite side of lake
- Omer’s Golf Course and Restaurant is nearby
- Parkview Lodge and Restaurant is nearby
- Rental of row boats and canoes through Krupp’s Twin Lakes Resort
- Information about the area
The lake house is located in Toivola, Michigan – Toivola is located in Houghton County in the Western Upper Peninsula of Michigan – the lake house is on the East shore of Lake Roland; one of the Twin Lakes, located off state highway M-26 – it’s a 30 minute drive West of Houghton, the nearest sizable town.
Please click on the button below to contact us for questions and reservations.